1) Wheelchair users should transfer to vehicle seats whenever possible.
2) Wheelchair users should not travel with the wheelchair at an angle or facing sideways
3) There should be sufficient free space around the wheelchair and user to avoid the user making contact
with other vehicle occupants, unpadded parts of the vehicle, wheelchair accessories or WTORS anchor
4) Wheelchairs should have their parking brakes applied and their power units switched off during
vehicle movement. Powered wheelchairs should not be left in freewheel mode.
5) Wheelchairs should not block gangways and exits for other passengers in the vehicle.
6) A headrest should be provided for a wheelchair user when travelling in a vehicle where other seated
passengers have headrests